- 8 slices Healthy Choice® Seven Grain Bread
- 4 slices (3/4 oz each) reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium fresh pears, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- PAM® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 sandwich each)|
- Preheat large skillet or electric griddle over medium heat.
- Top 4 of the bread slices evenly with cheese and pear slices. Cover with remaining bread slices. Spray outsides of sandwiches evenly with cooking spray.
- Cook sandwiches in skillet or on griddle 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
This sandwich also is great made with fresh apple slices in place of the pears.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||13%|
|Dietary fiber||8 g||33%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I tried this the other day and it was very good. The kids really loved it. I will definitely get my friends to try this. I want to thank you for the excellent idea for this dish. It was very simple to make.
I never thought of this combination, but it was delicious! My 22 month old love it too!
A great option for a tasty meal in a hurry! This is a very cool change to an ordinary grilled cheese sandwich. The pear's juiciness is a perfect contrast with the sharpness of the cheddar cheese....works very well together. Only four ingredients beginning to end, I like that you will most likely have all of them in your kitchen already and with no shopping necessary, this recipe is that much easier to make. Aside from its easiness, I think its best feature is the fruit so cleverly hidden behind the cheese. This sandwich is a great meal for kids because they're getting a small serving of fruit and nutrition without even knowing it! It's delicious for both kids and adults. I will definitely make this again when I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich!