- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 small zucchini, sliced thin (3 = 3/4 lb)
- 1 cup fat free small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 cup Italian seasoned croutons, crushed slightly
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
|Serving Size||4 servings (1/4th recipe each)|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place zucchini in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Drain well, patting dry with paper towels. Layer zucchini in bottom of baking dish.
- Combine cottage cheese and Egg Beaters in same bowl; mix well. Spread cottage cheese mixture over zucchini. Top with croutons and drained tomatoes; sprinkle with feta cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more or until bubbly around edges and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||10%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
this looks amazing very yummyfied kids love it y good
We always have so much Zucchini over the summer and always looking for new recipes. This one was a hit at my house. Even the 4YO and 2YO loved it!
We love zucchini. This wasn't too bad, when you add some spice. I added some garlic, pepper flakes, black pepper.
You know it's summer when the zucchini starts pouring in by the metric ton. It is always good to have a few ways to prepare it other than doing a simple sautee, grilling it or adding it into a summer soup or stew. And as much as I love the bright Greek flavors in dishes, this one fell a little short for me. It was easy enough to make and my hope going in was that it would be a great side for a grilled pork tenderloin. For me, anyways, I couldn't get past the cottage cheese. However, if you like it then you'll probably enjoy this.
I wanted to try a new recipe for zucchini; and although this wasn't our favorite, we did like it. I sliced my zucchini like the picture, but I wish I would have sliced it thinner. Rather than using the microwave, I steamed the zucchini with some onions. (I would think you could also add yellow squash.) I used 1 whole organic egg and regular cottage cheese. (I've tried fat-free cottage cheese for a couple other recipes & found it gave off too much liquid.) I did not drain the tomatoes, but had no problem w/excess liquid. I served this with whole wheat angel hair and a tossed salad for a wonderful light summer meal.
I have been making this recipe for years. It is great. To bring out more flavor and add a little zest to it try various seasonings like 1/8 teaspoon of pepper flakes to the stewed tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, several fresh leaves of basil chopped and/or fresh parsley... wow!