- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 small zucchini, sliced thin (3 = 3/4 lb)
- 1 cup fat free small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 cup Italian seasoned croutons, crushed slightly
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
|Serving Size||4 servings (1/4th recipe each)|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place zucchini in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Drain well, patting dry with paper towels. Layer zucchini in bottom of baking dish.
- Combine cottage cheese and Egg Beaters in same bowl; mix well. Spread cottage cheese mixture over zucchini. Top with croutons and drained tomatoes; sprinkle with feta cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more or until bubbly around edges and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||10%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
We always have so much Zucchini over the summer and always looking for new recipes. This one was a hit at my house. Even the 4YO and 2YO loved it!
We love zucchini. This wasn't too bad, when you add some spice. I added some garlic, pepper flakes, black pepper.
You know it's summer when the zucchini starts pouring in by the metric ton. It is always good to have a few ways to prepare it other than doing a simple sautee, grilling it or adding it into a summer soup or stew. And as much as I love the bright Greek flavors in dishes, this one fell a little short for me. It was easy enough to make and my hope going in was that it would be a great side for a grilled pork tenderloin. For me, anyways, I couldn't get past the cottage cheese. However, if you like it then you'll probably enjoy this.
I wanted to try a new recipe for zucchini; and although this wasn't our favorite, we did like it. I sliced my zucchini like the picture, but I wish I would have sliced it thinner. Rather than using the microwave, I steamed the zucchini with some onions. (I would think you could also add yellow squash.) I used 1 whole organic egg and regular cottage cheese. (I've tried fat-free cottage cheese for a couple other recipes & found it gave off too much liquid.) I did not drain the tomatoes, but had no problem w/excess liquid. I served this with whole wheat angel hair and a tossed salad for a wonderful light summer meal.
I have been making this recipe for years. It is great. To bring out more flavor and add a little zest to it try various seasonings like 1/8 teaspoon of pepper flakes to the stewed tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, several fresh leaves of basil chopped and/or fresh parsley... wow!
This recipe didn't fare so well in my household. I think some of it is that I tried it during the dog days of Texas summer---but I also think you need to really be a zucchini fan to enjoy it. (unlike some recipes where the zucchini is a small subtaste in the overall meal) It was easy to make and clean up afterward (always important to this busy mom) but something about the feta and the zucchini didn't resonate with my family. That said I would make it again/try it again for vegetarian guests for sure.