- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, uncooked
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt. Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and onion. Cook 5 minutes or until meat is browned and onion is tender, stirring occasionally; drain. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, sauce and cumin. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain spaghetti; add to skillet and toss with meat mixture.
Breaking spaghetti in half before cooking will make it easier to toss with meat mixture. Spaghetti may be topped with shredded cheese, sour cream or green onions, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||13%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||26%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I always got great reviews from family and friends. Several times while working with the youth of my church, the kids and I made the sauce before hand, each child took a gallon of sauce home to freeze. We then had a Spegetti Dinner that the kids put on for a money making project for the Youth Group.
We fix this at least every few weeks. The only thing we add extra is more cumin than called for and we often top it with grated parmesan
My family and I liked this recipe and we topped it w/ the suggested toppings. The recipe doesn't tell when to add the cumin so I just added it w/ the canned ingredients. I served it w/ garlic bread and salad.
I thought is was ok,but kinda bland,need more seasonings,so i added garlic salt,salt and pepper,and crushed red peppers.Not as good as i thought it would be:(
Follow the recipe AND add the ingredients Deedee suggested in her review and anything else that suits your fancy like a can of sweet corn which I always add if there are black beans around!
I followed the recipe exactly and it was fair at best. We ate it because it was available not because we liked it or would ever recommend it to anyone. IF you choose this recipe my advice would be to add everything the other reviewer added because by itself this is a very average meal.