- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz each) 30% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 pieces
- 1-1/2 cups parboiled white long-grain rice, uncooked
|Serving Size||8 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place all remaining ingredients, except rice, in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 7-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add rice, stir and cook 30 minutes more or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir again before serving.
For best results in a slow cooker, be sure to use parboiled rice for fluffy, separated rice kernels. Have leftovers? Place extra chicken with rice and beans inside a warm tortilla. Top with cheese and sour cream. Roll tortilla around filling for a new way to enjoy Fiesta Chicken with Rice and Beans.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||18%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Who knew such flavor could come from a crock pot! YUM...if you dont like spicy, consider mild Rotel, this dish defiinitely has zing! The only change I made was that I added whole boneless skinless chicken breast so they didn't get mushy. DEEELISH!!!
This was good. Didn't realize when I went to start dinner (@ 5pm) that this was a crock pot recipe. I browned the chicken in the skillet and just tossed it all in a pot. I doubled the corn and black beans and used instant rice. This was really good!!!!
Man this was perfect! The parboiled rice was great and ALL 5 of my kids loved it. The recipe was easy to follow and even though its the middle of summer the family requested it again. When made as a soup, try eating it with tortilla chips in place of crackers, and as leftovers its the bomb!! Even my mom loved it.
I have made this before, but without the rice. It was very good. My kids won't eat it though.
spanish rice is what this is. Followed the directions but cooked it for 6 hours, added rice at the end. It makes a lot just for 2 people! Good flavor!
The recipe is good, but next time I will cook the rice separately and add it at the end of cooking. When I cooked it as written, the rice on top was hard and the rice incorporated was over cooked. The rice took much longer than 30 minutes to cook, and wasn't done at 1 hour. I had to leave, hence the overcooking.