- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz each) 30% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 pieces
- 1-1/2 cups parboiled white long-grain rice, uncooked
|Serving Size||8 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place all remaining ingredients, except rice, in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 7-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add rice, stir and cook 30 minutes more or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir again before serving.
For best results in a slow cooker, be sure to use parboiled rice for fluffy, separated rice kernels. Have leftovers? Place extra chicken with rice and beans inside a warm tortilla. Top with cheese and sour cream. Roll tortilla around filling for a new way to enjoy Fiesta Chicken with Rice and Beans.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||18%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Added a can of chili beans (hot sauce) along with the black beans, canned whole corn instead of frozen (undrained); used only 1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies instead of two, 1 cup of water instead of 2 (used it to mix the taco seasoning) and waited to pull the chicken apart after it was cooked for 3 hours (used frozen). I also put it on low in the crockpot for only 3-1/2 hours instead of 7. Instead of parboiled white rice, I used the boil-in-bag package of brown rice (just cut the dry package and threw it in 30 minutes before finished.) When finished, it had the consistency of a stew. Kids were lined up with warm flour tortillas. We added shredded cheese and sour cream to make burritos. They were awesome! Chicken wasn't dry at all. Thanks for this recipe!!
Would be a very good recipe, especially for teenagers, but the chicken was SO dry. Would cook chicken separately next time,
A can of this and a can of that? No! Fresh ingredients please.
used 1 cup water instead of 2 and cooked on low for 5 hours. was awesome! also topped with jack cheese and avocado
hubby loved it and the child wanted more
I made this in my slow-cooker and used instant rice instead of parboiled. It came out great, except like others have noted, that chicken came out very dry. This was EXTREMELY easy and economical to make - and my kids loved it! Will definitely do again!