- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cans (4.6 oz each) Libby's® Vienna Sausages, drained, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 7 ounces dry fideo macaroni, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup water
|Serving Size||5 servings (about 1 cup each)|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and sausages; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, fideo and garlic to skillet. Stir to coat fideo with oil; cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until fideo is golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomato sauce and water; return sausage mixture to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until fideo is tender.
Fideo macaroni is a short (about 1 inch long), thin strand of pasta found in the Mexican or Hispanic section of the grocery store. If unavailable, angel hair pasta, broken into short pieces, can be substituted.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||15 g||24%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Love this recipe!!! I've even modified it a couple times and it's still excellent.
This turned out great. Super easy to make and clean up, and best of all the entire family loved it. It was really flavorful, and the Vienna sausages are awesome. Also really liked the fideo macaroni, but Spaghetti would work too if you were in a pinch.
This is a great recipe for adults and children. My kids think it is just fancy hot dogs =)
We loved this recipe!!! I have to admit I was extremely surprised and delighted to find a recipe with vienna sausages. My family loves vienna sausages and always has a few cans in our cupboards. We've made this recipe a few times already and each time my sons ask for seconds. No adjustments needed on this recipe.