- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket breads (6-1/2 inch), cut in half
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 sandwich each)|
- Spray 4-cup glass measure or small microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray. Add Egg Beaters. Microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring after each minute, just until set.
- Place cooked Egg Beaters in medium bowl; toss with fork until broken into bite-size pieces. Let stand 15 minutes or until cool.
- Add mayonnaise, celery, onions and mustard; mix well. Place lettuce leaf in each pita pocket and fill each with 1/2 cup egg mixture.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||6%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||11%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This turns out terrific! It is a great way for us to enjoy eggs and not worry about cholesterol. I use the eggbeaters all whites.....and follow the recipe except I micro longer....on good sour dough rye ...lettuce and tomatoes...can't really tell if it is real eggs or not....go for it!
Simple and worth trying...
Not gr8. I guess I am a traditionalist and opt for the hard boiled egg type. For a healthy option, try hard boiled egg salad with Smart balance,.celery chopped,shaved carrots,parsley, pepper,and crasins. On the side a nice sliced tomato. Couple with iced green tea and stevia. All Good! Forget the egg beaters nonsense. 2-3 eggs a week will not hurt you. The Smart Balance with Omega 3 is a better choice than light Mayo.
Fast and easy egg salad - the best part is...you don't have to hard boil and peel the eggs! Amazing!