- 8 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; add peas last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In pan used for pasta, combine all remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly. Stir in pasta and peas.
If your family prefers more heat, use Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||19 g||30%|
|Saturated fat||10 g||52%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This dish was awesome! I added mixed steamed broccoli and carrots and peppers from green giant and make sure you get the rotel. Cookers mistake of hunt's tomatoes and green chilies. If you want spicy go for it. I will give this dish an awesome rating and Don't be afraid of experimenting! I substituted the penne with rigatoni noodles and it was awesome! Add a little wine with the dish for two and you got a wonderful meal.
I used a can of Ro Tel HOT diced tomatoes in my Chipino recipe dish and it ROCKS.
Easy and yummy recipe. We like spicy foods so i used original rotel and was a little too spicy for us. Next time I will use the mild rotel.
Great recipe, easy and delish! Also good with other fresh vege's
I made this recipe for my boyfriend and I, and we absolutely LOVED it! Cooking is an absolute breeze, just make pasta and throw everything else in the pan and combine at the last minute. I had a hard time not going back for seconds and thirds! It was so delicious and made a ton of leftovers!
I thought this recipe was FAN-tastic. It was extremely easy and fast to make. I was unsure about combining ham and peas with Ro*tel but it was awesome! I think the cream cheese (neufchatel) is what really made all those flavors work together. I devoured it and I really enjoyed the leftovers the next day also. I just added a little milk to them and they warmed up great! As I said, this is really easy to make - since it takes pre-cooked, chopped ham you pretty much make pasta and then dump everything else into the same pan - it also made clean-up very easy. I really, really liked this and I am sure I will be making it again. My 7-year-old even ate it without complaining, woo hoo! Since he is extremely picky, you know that means it's good!