- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, each cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 cup each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle evenly with paprika. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper. Stir in undrained tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer partially covered with lid 10 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in sour cream.
Serve with hot cooked dumplings, mashed potatoes or rice, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||22 g||33%|
|Saturated fat||8 g||40%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||10%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
OMG !!!! DELICIOUS TRY IT WITH HUNGARIAN MASHED POTATOE DUMPLINGS. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW YUMMO. I USED DICED TOMATOES WITH CHILIS A LITTLE SPICIER. FOUND THE DUMPLINGS ON LINE .
very delicious & easy
It was a hit with my family. I actually forgot the sour cream so that might have made it even better, but it still rated a five. I served it with egg noodles. I paired with with the herbed green bean recipe on this site and banana cream pie for dessert.
As close to authentic Hungarian Paprikash you can get without the slaving in the kitchen all day! Was pleasantly surprised at how quick this was to make and how unbelievably scrumptious it turned out. Served over egg noodles and everyone wanted seconds.
It is a good and filling dish!
I've never had this recipe but I reserved it and it was tasty! The sour cream makes it super creamy. Great with brown rice.