- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained
- 1/4 cup Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms and zucchini; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until pieces are no longer pink in centers, stirring occasionally.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper; stir. Cook until hot, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This was FABULOUS! I have made chicken cacciatore before but I forgot about the zucchini, so I substituted fresh chopped green peppers. It was excellent and so easy! However I do recommend buying pre-chopped veggies and meat, lol, it's just easier! Thank you, Hunt's! You have great products at very affordable prices, I do not have to add many spices to them.
Let me say that my husband is an awesome cook, but we've gotten into a drudge of making the same kind of chicken quite often. Until YOU GUYS happened! :) This is going go be a new go-to recipe for us. I will add garlic and possibly ripe olives and parmesan. BUt this is a GREAT base recipe!! Thank you SO much for it! We will make it with whole wheat pasta (as hubby is picky and doesn't like rice). Thumbs up to Hunt's!! :-)
THIS WAS VERY GOOD! I ADDED A FEW THINGS LIKE GARLIC, AND BROWNED MY CHICKEN FIRST BUT IT WAS GOOD! AND VERY SIMPLE TO MAKE!
All I can say is good, good, good.
Great recipe! Easy to make!
So good and easy to make! Instead of using Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano I used Diced Tomatoes with Spicy Red Pepper and added 1/4 teaspoon of Oregano and 1/2 a teaspoon of Basil to give it a little kick :)