- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz each) Ranch Style® Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice and chili powder; cook 2 minutes or just until rice begins to turn golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until combined. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 15 minutes or just until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||7%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||29%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I had to tweaked this one just a bit. First I browned the rice with cyan powder not chilli and got just a little char so just past golden brown in a dutch oven the reserved. Next, without wiping out the pot from the rice i added another tablespoon of oil and 2 stalks of chopped celery. Just as it softened I added the chopped onion and green pepper and softened them then added 4 minced cloves of garlic and 1-14 once can of mushrooms drained and sauteed until golden brown. Next I added 2-8 inch smoked sausage sliced at a diagonal to the pot with a tablespoon of oil and browned the sausage with pepper, a pinch of cumin and cyan. Once done I reserved the veg and sausage and added the rice back to the pot along with the 2 cans of minced tomatoes and vegetable stock making sure to deglaze and loosen all the brown bits. I then added the reserved items and cooked until rice was done and served with slices of grilled ciabatta bread with butter garlic rub.
My newly appointed vegetarian teen loved this & even suggested adding Pinto beans along w/black beans. I added garlic & cooked regular brown rice for 30 mins. Then added it to the pot. will make it again
Very good. Added a little spice by using Chipotle chilli powder, andouille sausage and a can of corn to recipe
Simple delicious. The fresh ingredients make this bean and rice salad perfect for summer. Perfect recipe for a small gathering or double for a family reunion. We used fresh tomatoes and peppers and onions from the garden. Easy to prepare the night before and store in fridge. Serve cold or room temperature. My co-workers loved it also.
Great vegan meal option. Just enough spice and great taste. Used regular brown basmati rice, so cooking time was about 50-55 minutes. Suggest leaving beans out until about half way thru cooking cycle so they stay firm.
Good meal for just the two of us. Quick easy and spicy. Big hit at our house.