- 1-1/4 cups dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons Hunt's® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients, except cheese, in large saucepan; simmer over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cooked macaroni into bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
The cheese can be stirred into the macaroni mixture, if desired. Serve mixture unheated with the cheese diced when you don't want something hot. This makes it perfect for entertaining or a family picnic.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||29%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I made this for a church potluck and everyone really liked it. I hadn't planned ahead so it was also awesome that everything could be found in my pantry. I used whole wheat tortellini instead of the macaroni and may have been a little more generous on the cumin. I doubled the recipe as well. I thought the BBQ sauce was a strange ingredient but it really enhanced the flavor and went well with the other flavors.
Easy to make...my family really loved it! Should have used more cheese on top. I'll be making it again!
Easy to make and very good! A perfect winter meal!
This is my second time making this dish and it turned out just as well the second time as the first. My only recommendation is to add a little salt to the mixture if you're using low sodium beans. Other than that everything was wonderful and filling. Makes enough for several meals/lunches.
I adored this recipe. I love just about anything with cumin in it (that isn't overly hot-spicy) and this dish did the trick. It was sooo yummy and with all that corn, tomatoes, and beans it was good for me too! The barbecue sauce I thought might taste weird in the mix but it was totally awesome! It had just the right flavor to bring everything together. This recipe could not have been any EASIER to make, either. Cook some pasta, open some cans, stir it all together, simmer - voila! So easy and so tasty. Clean-up was also very quick. I really enjoyed the left-overs the next day also. I wish I had another can of black beans in the pantry, if I did, I'd go make this again RIGHT NOW. Will definitely be making it again soon!