- 1-1/4 cups dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons Hunt's® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients, except cheese, in large saucepan; simmer over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cooked macaroni into bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
The cheese can be stirred into the macaroni mixture, if desired. Serve mixture unheated with the cheese diced when you don't want something hot. This makes it perfect for entertaining or a family picnic.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||29%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Easy, simple meal to make. My kids loved it and they're very picky. I loved the protein in this meal without the meat. We will make this again soon.
The first time I made it I loved it but the second time around came out so-so. I'm not really sure what went wrong, but I'll probably get around to trying it again. Pretty interesting meal.
I substituted red beans for black beans and added a can of chicken - it was great! Filling, lots of protein and color with a delicious smokey southwest flavor. I left out the cheese which probably would have offset the spice nicely! Would be good with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt too. I doubted the BBQ sauce too but trust the recipe! This is a quick easy dish that would be a side or main course.
Made with farfalle, kidney beans, can of corn as that is what I had in the pantry... added a little oregano and we are good to go! Easy and quick!
I made this for a church potluck and everyone really liked it. I hadn't planned ahead so it was also awesome that everything could be found in my pantry. I used whole wheat tortellini instead of the macaroni and may have been a little more generous on the cumin. I doubled the recipe as well. I thought the BBQ sauce was a strange ingredient but it really enhanced the flavor and went well with the other flavors.
Easy to make...my family really loved it! Should have used more cheese on top. I'll be making it again!