- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
|Serving Size||4 servings (3 slices eggplant with 1/2 cup sauce each)|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place bread crumbs in shallow dish; set aside.
- Cut eggplant into 12 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Spray each side of slices with cooking spray. Coat with bread crumbs on both sides and place on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Top slices evenly with cheese; bake 1 minute more or until cheese has softened.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and sauce in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon tomato mixture evenly into 4 shallow bowls. Place 3 eggplant slices over sauce in each bowl.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Not a bad recipe for a quick fix eggplant parm. However, I recommend using egg instead of Pam. Maybe it's just my oven, but I had to cook slightly longer than 10 minutes.
I happen to love eggplant parm and other dishes with eggplant. I do NOT like the skin, as it is tough when cooked. If cooks would peel it before cooking, I think more people would enjoy it. I like it also cut into strips, dipped in egg wash and coated with Italian bread crumbs or panko and fried until it has a crunchy outside. Then we dip it into a tomato sauce. It's even good peeled, cubed and sauteed with olive oil,onions, peppers, and tomatoes. The recipe got a 2, only because of the skin on the eggplant.
My 13 year old daughter and I made this tonight. Easy recipe and turned out delicious. Laurens mom stopped by, invited her in, she was proud that Lauren made such a tasty dish. Everybody was pleased with the flavors and meal.
an easy recipe if your in a hurry but still want it to taste good. eggplant i love no matter how it is prepared.
Want NOT a fan of this dish. I do not recommend this to anyone. It may have been the eggplant. I loved the tomato sauce though.
I normally made this with sauce but with these seasoned tomatoes it was so much better !!!!! nnie