- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
|Serving Size||4 servings (3 slices eggplant with 1/2 cup sauce each)|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place bread crumbs in shallow dish; set aside.
- Cut eggplant into 12 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Spray each side of slices with cooking spray. Coat with bread crumbs on both sides and place on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Top slices evenly with cheese; bake 1 minute more or until cheese has softened.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and sauce in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon tomato mixture evenly into 4 shallow bowls. Place 3 eggplant slices over sauce in each bowl.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Want NOT a fan of this dish. I do not recommend this to anyone. It may have been the eggplant. I loved the tomato sauce though.
I normally made this with sauce but with these seasoned tomatoes it was so much better !!!!! nnie
I like this one but also tried it with jack cheese and salsa and green chili
My family thought they were doing an act of penance eating this meal. I would not recommend this recipe for a family with children.
Love this recipe. I made a "lasagna" dish full and after the first night froze the rest in individual portions. Heats up great in the microwave in no time at all (thaw first). I am on Weight Watchers and this sure doesn't feel or taste like a WW recipe. This is my go to recipe when my garden is producing more eggplant that I can consume.
My husband and I enjoyed this dish. It was light yet filling. Didn't leave table with that over filled feeling even after 2 helpings. I made it just as directed. Fast and easy!