- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 3/4 cup Hunt's® Hickory & Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 pkg (2.1 oz each) fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 6 slices (1 oz each) provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
|Serving Size||6 servings (1 piece each)|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix beef, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and bacon in medium bowl.
- Place half of the beef mixture into an ungreased 8x8-inch baking dish, spreading to the sides of the dish. Top with cheese, overlapping as needed. Cover cheese with remaining beef mixture; press gently.
- Bake 35 minutes or until cooked through (160°F); drain excess drippings. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over meatloaf and sprinkle with onions; bake 5 minutes more.
Heat and serve a piece of leftover meatloaf on a toasted sesame seed bun for a delicous gourmet burger! For a different cheesy twist, try Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese in place of the provolone.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||20 g||30%|
|Saturated fat||10 g||48%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||1%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I loved this rendition on meatloaf! I was looking for a spin on the traditional recipe, because I didn't have any eggs lol. This was AMAZING! I made some for my family the my friends next door and hands down everyone loved it!!!! The cheesy bbq bacon flavor was a hit!
I thought this dish sounded great. However before making it I took the suggestions from the reviews into consideration. I added the green pepper and onion. To avoid the meat crumbling , I added to 2 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal. My family loves meatloaf but wanted to add a healthier carb. Also I had 2 1/2 lbs of ground sirloin.
I was excited to try this, but found it had too much of some ingredients and not enough of others. For one thing, there were no bread crumbs or bread to hold it together so it was a bit crumbly. No eggs, either. My husband and I found it had so much BBQ sauce, that it overpowered the bacon and cheese. Next time I'll just at a hint. I'll try it again with bread crumbs, an egg, a little brown sugar, a hint of BBQ sauce, while keeping the onions on top, the bacon and the provolone cheese. Might as some ground pork in there too to give it more bulk. It was kind of flat.
I definetly added chopped onions & green peppers & added extra cheese.
This is awesome! I found it about a year ago and my husband (who hates meatloaf) raves about it still. I am making it again tonight :D
I added onions,garlic,roasted sweet peppers & my sides were homemade mashed potatoes,green beans & dinner rolls..prep time to table 1hr 15min.