- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 breasts = 1/2 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
|Serving Size||2 servings (1 breast with about 1/4 cup sauce each)|
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning. Add to skillet and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in centers (165°F), turning once.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Gradually add to chicken in skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
If dried Italian seasoning is not available, use 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/8 teaspoon dried basil + 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme. Serve chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice. Jasamine rice would be particularly good.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||1%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This recipe has become a family favorite! Very tasty and simple to make. I double the apricot sauce for dipping and as a topping for mashed potatoes. The key is using a quality chicken breast.
We did not like this at all. Chicken was rubbery. Surprised at all the great reviews. I would not make this again.
Taste great easy to cook and goes great with a peach schnapps ice tea.