- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 breast with about 1/4 cup sauce each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning. Add to skillet and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in centers (165°F), turning once.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Gradually add to chicken in skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
If dried Italian seasoning is not available, use 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/4 teaspoon dried basil + 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Serve chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice. Jasamine rice would be particularly good.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||1%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I'm not the best cook and it showed with this recipe. I guessed at the oil and got too much. I got my skillet too hot and it made the outside of the chicken tough. My husband really liked it giving it an 8 out of 10. We will try it again when I can take my time and do it right. It really is a very simple recipe.
I made this with homemade chicken broth and thought my daughters (ages 6 & 8) would love it. They said it was "ok" but recommended that I not make it again. That said, we ate the leftovers the next night and we all really liked it. I think the flavors in this dish need time to marinade. I will make it again, but next time I will make the broth concoction and marinade the chicken overnight before cooking.
On the Apricot Chicken, would love to have an alternative listed for healthier recipe and maybe even some vegetables that would go well with the chicken. haven't been much of a cook so really need good ideas . Thank you
Not one for sweet entrees, this one was delish! Saut?some zucchini, mushrooms and snow peas with some ginger for a side and served it all over rice. Will have this one again :)
This was delicious. We ate it up.
Cooked this for my family tonight. Every one thought it was terific.Thanks for making me look good. The recipe was very very easy to fix. Exstreamly delicious thanks again.