- 1 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz each) chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz each) beans in chili seasoned sauce, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup water
|Serving Size||8 servings (1 cup each)|
- Cook beef and onion in large saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, stirring several times.
Chili may be topped with shredded cheese, sour cream or sliced green onions, if desired. Chili also may be made with ground turkey in place of the ground beef.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||12%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||23%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I call this a cheater chili. Nothing wrong with that. I can't help but to use most recipes as a guide and depending on what I have available and my mood, make necessary changes. This cheater chili would be no exception. For those that think this is too hot, try and add more tomato sauce, small can (8 Oz) to see of that mellows it out...
I really like this recipe. We used to make such a more complicated chili until I ran across this. I use ground turkey instead and with some tweaking this is an excellent recipe.
I used Hunts Sinner starter, this is Nasty stuff!I always buy Hunts but will never use this again.Not worth the price if free!
Not bad for kids to eat. Its hard to cook a texas type of chili that they will eat. Not to bad but I would use extra pinto beans to soften the taste for the kids as well as some tortillas with butter on the side to soak up the flavor of the sauce.
Hunts use to have the chili seasoned tomatoes, they were perfect. This is very good recipe too.
I am always looking for Chili recipes. This one is excellent! I added mushrooms for a little kick. I will definitely make it again!!