Ham and Cheese Toasties for Two
A Monte Cristo-like ham and cheese sandwich, with a crunchy coating on the bread, that is baked instead of fried
Hands On: 10 | Total: 25 | Makes: 2 servings (1 sandwich each)
PAMŪ Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
4 large slices firm whole wheat bread
1 tablespoon Gulden'sŪ Spicy Brown Mustard
2 ounces thin-sliced lean ham
2 thin slices Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Egg BeatersŪ Original
1 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread one side of 2 bread slices with mustard. Lay slices mustard side up; top evenly with ham and cheese. Place remaining 2 bread slices over cheese. Press down firmly.
- Place Egg Beaters and cereal crumbs in separate pie plates or shallow dishes. Dip both sides of each sandwich in Egg Beaters, then in crumbs. Place sandwiches on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut diagonally in half to serve.
2 servings (1 sandwich each) Calories 396; Total Fat 13 g (Saturated Fat 4 g); Cholesterol 34 mg; Sodium 957 mg;
Carbohydrate 53 g; (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 8 g); Protein 22 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 14%; Vitamin C 5%; Calcium 21%; Iron 38%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Bake sandwiches on a cooling rack set on baking sheet for a more crispy coating on both sides.