Italian Chicken-Zucchini Skillet
Chicken, bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes simmered together and served over orzo pasta
Hands On: 30 | Total: 30 | Makes: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups chicken mixture and 1/2 cup orzo each)
1 cup dry orzo pasta, uncooked
PAMŪ Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 pkg (16 oz each) frozen bell pepper and onion strips
2 cups sliced zucchini
1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt'sŪ Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained
1 can (8 oz each) Hunt'sŪ Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper and onion strips, zucchini, drained tomatoes and sauce; stir well. Increase heat, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken mixture over orzo pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
4 servings (1-1/2 cups chicken mixture and 1/2 cup orzo each) Calories 350; Total Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 76 mg; Sodium 665 mg;
Carbohydrate 37 g; (Dietary Fiber 5 g, Sugars 9 g); Protein 35 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 24%; Vitamin C 49%; Calcium 11%; Iron 20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.