Pizza 'Calzone' Bake
Favorite pizza toppings are wrapped inside pizza crust dough and baked, then served with additional sauce
Hands On: 15 | Total: 30 | Makes: 8 servings (1 slice each)
12 ounces Italian pork sausage, remove casings if present
1 cup frozen chopped onion
1 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
PAMŪ Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 pkg (13.8 oz each) refrigerated pizza crust dough
1-1/2 cups (from 24-oz can) Hunt'sŪ Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce, divided
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook sausage, onion and bell pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Spray 15x10-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet and press into 14x10-inch rectangle. Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce lengthwise down center of dough to within 1/2 inch of each short edge.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly on top of sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over meat mixture. Pull up each long edge over filling and pinch edges together to seal. Pinch short ends together to seal.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown. Heat remaining 1 cup pasta sauce in covered container in microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Cut Pizza Bake into 8 slices. Serve sauce over slices.
8 servings (1 slice each) Calories 277; Total Fat 12 g (Saturated Fat 4 g); Cholesterol 32 mg; Sodium 948 mg;
Carbohydrate 29 g; (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 5 g); Protein 14 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 13%; Iron 16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.